GPS with long battery time

Paul5 years ago

How well does that one work for hard-wire installations?

renaud5 years ago

The mictrack one looks quite nice, but the battery is way too small for my requirements, especially as I see that it only claims 15 days of standby battery life with about 6000mAh. Also, no 2G might be problematic in some places.
Do you have any plans to make it with a bigger battery (20000mAh+)?

Mictrack5 years ago

It support 4G and also can fallback to 3G and 2G, it's a magnetic units and need to charge by micro USB Cable like the smart phone. Do not support connect with external hard-wire.

renaud5 years ago

It still doesn't fit the long battery time category. The lk209c-3G has a claimed standby time of about 150 days (verified at about 90+ days), while the mictrack only claims 15days.

Mictrack5 years ago

Yes, because of the backup battery is smaller, and our claim are the same as our actual test.

renaud5 years ago

If there was a mictrack with a battery of at least 20000mAh, I would gladly test it.

Mictrack5 years ago

Sure, Mictrack are ready for the new 4G device with super low consumption power, any process will update on post.

renaud5 years ago

For my purpose, the trackers can't be connected to the car battery and need to last the most they can when idle. Sometimes, the cars don't move for over 6 months and swapping the units just to get a fresh battery is quite annoying, this is why I need low power trackers with big battery. Also I need at least 3G and they need to be reliable. At the moment, the only ones I have found are the lk209c-3g, but those still don't quite fit my needs, so if mictrack makes something like this, I will be more than happy to try it out.