GT300 LBS Updates (No GPS)

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

GT300 (uses Gt06 protocol). And GT300 sends LBS Updates every 2 minutes.

However is it captured and stored by traccar or not? From what I see, Traccar is not capturing it. Traccar takes only GPS Updates.

Please let me know what info you would need to check on this?

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Currently Traccar doesn't support LBS or any other messages without GPS info. I plan to add support for any message very soon. As for LBS, I'm looking for a reliable service for resolving location from base stations.

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

For LBS resolving, I have tried opencellid.org which is fairly good.

You can submit a register for an API and try it out.

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Many people suggested OpenCellID. I will investigate this option.

jaimzj8 years ago

Dear Anton,

78 78 3B 28 0E 01 01 00 0B 05 01 CC 00 28 66 00 0E EE 2B 28 66 00 0E ED 1A 28 66 00 0E E3 12 28 66 00 0F F3 0D 28 66 00 0E E4 0C 28 66 00 0E EF 08 26 16 00 0F E7 05 FF 00 02 00 13 6F 1B 0D 0A

protocol 0x28

This is what the manufacturer shared with me, Saying GT300, sends these packet every 2 minutes (LBS packets).

Will this help? or can you advice if support for non gps packages, such as this one can be there in next-release?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Thanks. I already have some examples of LBS messages, but it's always good to have more.

jaimzj8 years ago

Dear Anton,

Re-starting this thread, As its related to GT300 that I noticed this.

I have devices that are powered of right now. that is GT300.

However in device table the latest Lastupdate time is 2015-10-25 11:06:18

While I check the position ID in position table the time in position table is 2015-10-17 16:09:21

Please advice, could this be a bug or is this normal?

Not sure where the lastUpdate value comes from (it should be NULL), but you can safely ignore it for now as it's not used at the moment.

jaimzj8 years ago

Would it be linked to, when the device last communicated with the server?

I was wondering if that is the possibility, or if not, in the next release you can also record the time of when the device last communicated with the server (This will allow to identify that the device is active.)

The idea is to eventually use this field for exactly that, but it's not implemented yet.

jaimzj8 years ago

Thanks for the info Anton :) hopefully next will release have this feature

jaimzj8 years ago

Just figured out, the lastUpdate value is being updated due to mysql setting for that column being ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

OK, but where did that come from? Does MySQL set it automatically?

jaimzj8 years ago

I believe it set it automatically, I had installed Traccar and changed the config file to use MySql (with a blank database) So it was probably when traccar created the tables it got set?

I will investigate it further when I start implementation of device connection status.