H02 Support - ST901 Sinotrack

Michael Koumas4 years ago

Hello guys I am struggling over a week to get my motorcycle GPS working but nothing yet.

I entered my HASSIO-Traccar ip address on my GPS device and set it up to port 5013 as I read from the support page of TRACCAR for st-901 device.

I receive the following data on to the Traccar's LOGS (replaced with + just to hide personal data)

[20/Apr/2020:15:01:20 +0300] 400 -(213.+++.+++.+++) 
*HQ,91711++++,V1,084739,A,3+++.++37,N,++++3.++27,E,00+.0+,000,200420,FBFFB9FF,000,00,0,0# (-)

I do not receive anything else from the device or I may only see that.

What the "400" means after date and time of the log?
Please help me and get it working.
Thank you so much

Kris4 years ago

See your I’d in the tracker devices. Try putting a 0 before it

I have already tried that and nothing solved the issue :/

Kris4 years ago

https://www.traccar.org/clones/

Try all ports, Also try IEMI.

I will try all ports tomorrow and I will report back.
Just a stupid question :) Do I only change the port on the tracker device or should I change it on my traccar server on my raspberry pi also? Let's say that my traccar server is accessible from port 5013, can I change only my gps tracker port to let's say port 5010?

Kris4 years ago

Should only need device

Unless you are port blocking at A network or firewall Level the. I’d advise opening 5000- 5100 for testing.

Thank you so much for your help. I found where was the issue. I run traccar server on my Raspberry through HASSIO and I forgot to properly configure the plug in (addon). Now It is working as it should. \

One other question which may be useful also for others.
I would like to run the traccar server securely with ssl (HTTPS). Can somehow configure the device ST-901 to accept HTTPS protocol on port 5013?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

It's not possible. H02 protocol is not even HTTP-based.

Is this unsafe in any way? Can someone brake into my server or steal data because I run the server without ssl or general in the traccar application? Sorry if this is a stupid question but consider that I already had a situation that someone broke into my Hassio server long time ago

Using HTTPS won't prevent someone from breaking into a server.

Of course not but the data (username, password and other gps related info) travels through the internet without any encryption and anyone can capture them. Am I right?

Yes, but there's nothing you can do about it if device doesn't support encryption.

Jorge3 years ago

Hello, I just tried one of your demo server with HTTPS with a ST901 Sinotrack and works fine. So, that means it will works good on my VPS with SSL too, right? I'd like to know it to keep working with this device or if you could recommend me device I could use in a VPS with SSL.

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

It should work the same way as on the demo server.

Jorge3 years ago

Thanks for your fast reply Anton!