Help connecting 4G tracking device

AgentCain2 years ago

Hello

I've recently acquired a 4G tracker named "ZH-145". Its this type

I have a server running Traccar and previously I was successful in connecting another type of tracker by changing the IP it reports too. Unfortunately, that tracker is of no use to me.

I've tried sending the following commands and got a reply

Status
Battery: 3.99V,CSQ:27,MODE:4G,NET:1,GSEN:178,GPS:OFF,not fixed
Param
P[JT808]V[TA200_MP_V2.6_20220114_163953(ZH-808)]E[862016050381212]C[ICCIDremovedbymyself ]IP[120.24.249.67:8011]FIP[:0]M[2,600,1,1,1,1,WGL]
Version
[VERSION]TA200_MP_V2.6_20220114_163953(ZH-808) [BUILD]20220114_163953

Trying to change the IP section fails

IP123456test.duckdns.org,5013
IP123456test.duckdns.org,5013=Err!

Currently, I can track the tracker using https://web.e-lot.com.cn/ or an app called "Track U"

Any suggestions on how I can:
1)Edit the IP so it reports to my server
2)Find the correct protocol it uses

Thank you

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

We have documentation for your second question. First - not sure. Usually you get a manual with your device with commands.

AgentCain2 years ago

The manual I got is in chinese. Translating it is not helpful though, there is no mentioning of commands.

AgentCain2 years ago

As for the documentation, I can't setup the device to send anything to the server, so cant really find the protocol. I've tried setting the IP, but it results in error. I was hoping someone might have an idea where to find a list of commands and proper syntax.

gpstracker2 years ago

hello this device uses JT808 protocol. Traccar seems does not support it. We have clients using JT808 protocol which cannot work on it as well.

AgentCain2 years ago

Thanks for the info
That's unfortunate. Any idea if it will be implemented and when?

We have clients with JT808 and it works for them with Traccar.

AgentCain2 years ago

I don't see any supported devices listed with the jt808 as a protocol. Searching online the huabao protocol was mentioned as an alternative to the jt808.

Any specific examples I can look into?

Huabao is the right protocol for it, as far as I know.

Supported devices list does not list of all supported devices. It clearly says that. Even if it's not listed, there's a very good chance it's supported.

AgentCain2 years ago

I didn't expect this device to be listed, that's not what I said. But it also doesn't list any device with the jt808 protocol. If you say that the huabao might be the right one, I will look into that.

There's no "jt808" protocol. There's "huabao" protocol that you should be using for it.

Timo2 years ago

Looks like this device follows mostly VT202 SMS commands (I bought ZH-169)
https://www.istartek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/VT202-Function-definition-and-SMS-Command-List.pdf
You can set the Traccar server IP like this:
ip,192.168.6.23,5015#

AgentCain2 years ago

Thanks @Timo, I'll surely give it a go!

teawithmilka year ago

Hi everyone, sorry noob here. I recently purchased a zh145 as well, but when i keyed in the imei and default password in the "track u"app, the tracker seemed to have already been registered to some chinese company and shows on the app that the location of the tracker is in Shenzhen, China (i live nowhere near China). This is despite the fact that i also already inserted my 4g sim card, per the instructions. I cannot do a factory reset remotely because the device have been offline for many months already. Any clue how i can make this work? Thanks!

tr3vi03 months ago

I had problems with connecting my device that was using this "protocol "jt808" which is the huabao protocol and I found out that a 12-digit id number was needed. I just added two zeros to the beginning and it worked.