Help create a list of car devices which support hostnames and NOT IP addresses

E1SYNV6 years ago

Please can anyone list below who has/knows car trackers of any sort, cheap/expensive that support being set up with hostnames and not with IP addresses.
Also ive noticed some devices you are able to set it with a hostname from your DDNS that you personally setup, however the device changes the hostname to an IP, which is pointless because everytime your router IP changes or the majority of people who have dynamic IP addressing, the device will no longer communicate with your server as you will have to send sms IP change to the device AGAIN and AGAIN.

The only one working with hostnames that i know about is this one: TK102B
But is not designed for being in the car.

Also as far as i know, the VJoy car trackers none of them support hostnames, when spoken to their support, they say they will program that only if you order more than 100pcs of any of their trackers.

Niko Lync6 years ago

In fact, most new devices support both DNS names and IP addresses. Of course, I'm talking about professional GPS Trackers, not Chinese toys such as tk102, etc. For example, Teltonika FM1100 and all higher models. Ruptela devices and many others. You can also see Topflytech from Chinese, better quality.