How to monitor a pool of fork-lift in a warehouse?

hceccacci8 years ago

I receive a challenge. How to monitor a pool of fork-lift in a warehouse?
The distance traveled is long but the area is small. The tracker´s HB should be as small as possible in order to have more precise vehicle position. But how to display this data on a map? Will be need to make a map with the streets of this warehouse? How to deploy this map in Traccar?

Someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Hilton

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Generally GPS doesn't work indoors because roof blocks signal from satellites. I would recommend to check first if you get a reliable and accurate GPS reception in your warehouse. If not, you might have to look for some specialized indoor trackers (if such thing even exists).

hceccacci8 years ago

In this warehouse, the roof is 12 meters high. The wall have 2 stages. The first with 8 meters and the second with 4 meters. The second stage is a kind of plastic roof. I just do some tests with the devices and running ok. My problem now is plot the positions on the map. The Traccar´s reports show the street address but I need the positions inside warehouse.

Thanks!

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Are you sure the position is accurate enough?

You can create your own map and then load it into Traccar. An example on how to do it in OpenLayers here:

http://openlayers.org/en/v3.15.1/examples/static-image.html

hceccacci8 years ago

The major data are in the area range. Some data aren´t.
I will study the link content!
Thanks a lot Anton! Again!