Howto edit traccar.xlm in docker on synology ?

ajm4 years ago

I have running a traccar server on a RP 3b, with runs fine, but every 2 monts the sd card is get corrupt.
That's why I started using docker on my synology.
I use the 4.8 traccar image.
It works but i want to use my own finetune xlm,( port 80, email, signal, ect et) but where/how i replays the file, i can t get into the image or therminal.

Mark3 years ago

I would also like to know how to access the docker image under Synology. I know that when creating the container there is the option to map/mount paths, but unsure which ones as I haven't managed to get into the container from the command line to look. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark3 years ago

OK, I worked out how to mount the traccar.xml more by luck than judgement. I exported the container as a tar file from my Diskstation and extracted the contents to see that these files are in /opt/traccar/conf

I then tried to edit the containers properties in the DSM and mapping a folder as:

/docker/traccar/opt-traccar-conf/ for /opt/traccar/conf

This resulted in the container crashing and restarting. So I tried it the other way around and copied the two xmls from the exported tar into:

/docker/traccar/opt-traccar-conf/

I then set up mapping of a file rather than folder as below:

/docker/traccar/opt-traccar-conf/traccar.xml for /opt/traccar/conf/traccar.xml

This seems to work well. The only thing I cannot seem to get working now is the web.console