Importing GPX file as Polyline Geofence?

captain paranoia6 years ago

The GPX file format is almost universally accepted by both GPS devices and mapping tools. It is used to define routes to be exchanged.

Traccar's Polyline Geofence, with configurable distance alert, is a great way to detect if a device is going off-route.

Whilst the Polyline can be defined within the Traccar UI, it would be great if a GPX route could be imported as a Polyline, allowing convenient exchange with other mapping tools.

I have searched, but cannot find an import method. Have I missed it, or would this be a Feature Request?

Thanks.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

No, you haven't missed anything.

Thanks Anton.

Is this a reasonable feature request? I suspect my use case is a bit different to that suggested by the Traccar name; I'm not tracking cars, but people, who are supposed to be following a route they have created in a mapping tool, which exports GPX files.

Being able to import this GPX file as a polyline geofence would make it very easy to generate an alert if they stray off-route.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I think it's reasonable, but priority usually depends on the general interest in the feature.

"priority usually depends on the general interest in the feature."

Understood. Thanks.