Installation on VPS 16GB RAM 400GB SSD with ubuntu linux server 20.04 + virtualmin + webmin+phpMyAdmin+SSL

fmidiaa year ago

Installation on VPS 16GB RAM 400GB SSD with ubuntu linux server 20.04 + virtualmin + webmin+phpMyAdmin+SSL

Then I followed the step by step installation of TRACCAR, now I need to configure the web system and configure the database, has anyone done something similar with my server, and do you have any tips on how I can finish the installation?

Track-trace2a year ago

Hi actually im using ubuntu, webmin and phpmyadmin with nginx and ssl.

So you installed traccar server? is it up and running ?

By default it uses H2 database when you start traccar server, but you want to use Mysql ?

fmidiaa year ago

I installed apache and SSL, is nginx better than apache for administration and configuration of each user?
I haven't finished the installation yet, I just haven't configured the web interface part yet, so I'm looking for tips here on the forum.

It's just that I don't know anything about H2, so I'm using what most people use, which is MySQL (MariaDB)

I'll be honest, I'm starting a small business to monitor anything, and I'm new to this type of setup.

Track-trace2a year ago

Well actually im not an expert either. For production it is advised to use Mysql. So you already got that.

I use Nginx since from my testing it works faster then apache (but that was mainly when i built commercial websites).
If apache works for you an you have set it up with ssl then that should be fine also.

What do you actually mean with configure the web interface?

Modify logo and appearance which requires to compile the web interface again or just change settings like saved commands etc ?

Julianoa year ago

Why don't you use Ubuntu clean with phpmyadmin and ssl, it works perfectly, why do you need the other items?

Track-tracea year ago

@Juliano

One reason for me to use webmin and phpmyadmin is that i have been
grown up with windows OS.

For me it was already more difficult to switch to Linux (ubuntu) command line. So many commands that seem not to make much logic, and difficult to remember if you use them only so often. Even though i now prefer Linux for running ubuntu as a server with traccar server. Still having webmin and phpmyadmin makes it visually easier to see what you are doing. For many People clicking buttons, menu's and checkboxes is easier than command line.

That might also be the reason why its such a struggle to understand anything about (java) coding. I really wish i had the understanding and coding skills to not be so dependent on anyone elses development skills. That said i already learnd a lot here in the last few years. And one of the reasons is reading the forum, tutorials and traccar github.