LBS positioning

Francois5 years ago

Good day Anton

A while ago, you have helped me to get LBS GPS data going for a model ZX620 with GT06 protocol.
I have enabled the geo-location in the traccar.xml file using google to get the locations. However, I have found that with some of the devices, it seems that when it looses GPS signal it goes and search for LBS, when this happen in a area where there is not enough cellphone towers the Location will be out about 20 to 30 km. Is there a way in traccar that I can tell the server that i should only except for a list of devices the LBS data and on others ignore it ?

Kind regards

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You can filter by accuracy, but it's not possible to enable geolocation per device.

Francois5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, Do you have a filter function? or must I write a filter myself ?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Traccar already has.

Francois5 years ago

I see that now, so I can just add that filter functions in the traccar .XML file, does the filter how do the filter work if I may ask ? if one GPS point is to far from the previous point within a specific time , it gets flagged and ignored ?

Francois5 years ago

Sorry, I read through your documentation, all my answers are there.

Thank you very much

Francois5 years ago

Good day Anton

It seems like the filter did not solve my problem.
Is there a why that I can tell traccar if there is less than 2 cell towers in the hex that is should Ignore that location?

Also is there not a way I can use the instruction below, to make a list of devices this should be send to ?

0x33 prohibits LBS positioning

The server sends the device to the device, prohibiting the upload of LBS data.
Starting 2Byte, packet length 1Byte, protocol number 1Byte, state 1Byte, 2Byte stop bit
7878 02 33 01 0D0A 01 = On; 00 = Off

Francois5 years ago

Hi Anton, did you receive my previous message ?