magnetic 3G tracker with big battery

renaud8 years ago

Hello,

Does anyone know of a magnetic 3G tracker with a big battery. By big battery, I mean something in the 10000mAh range, preferably more.
The only one I have found so far is the TK20G (20000mAh) by vjoycar, but it's not out yet and it will be quite expensive (more than 200eur).

Thank you

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Maybe it would be easier to get some external battery with high capacity and use regular GPS tracker?

renaud8 years ago

Yes, that is a possibility I was looking at, but this will probably not result in something easy to use, compact and it might be more sensitive to vibrations.

renaud8 years ago

It seems that one might more or less fit the bill, but it doesn't seem to be supported by traccar (yet)
https://anbtek.en.alibaba.com/product/60470906826-803137010/6000mAh_chargeable_GPS_tracker_with_2_years_Standbytime_CT2000E.html

Does it report data via GPRS or only SMS channel?

renaud8 years ago

It can do TCP/IP over 2G and 3G and SMS.

Then I need protocol documentation to check if it's supported or not.

renaud8 years ago

I have sent you the protocol by email

renaud8 years ago

Just for info if someone is searching the forum, it seems this tracker uses the Teltonika protocol port 5027

abyss8 years ago

Hello
I know one device with 5200 mAh battery, strong magnets and IP67.
It is "Wonde Proud M7" and Russian clone is "Navixy M7"
It can work really long because can be flexibly configured to sleep most time. For example up to 1 year with every 12 hour reports.
Also I've found Navixy M6 with 7400 mAh battery and IP66 https://www.gdemoi.ru/gps-treker-old/navixy-m6/
Actually I don't know which it is clone.

renaud8 years ago

Wonde Proud products look nice, however their big battery (M7) don't seem to be able to do WCDMA

abyss8 years ago

Yes it is GPRS only.

renaud8 years ago

I am currently mainly using lk209c trackers. They have a battery of 20000mAh, but they don't store points when offline and don't support WCDMA. This is my main problem with them as some networks don't support 2G for internet access anymore.

renaud7 years ago

Just in case someone reads this topic and has the same question.
I have tested the TK20G tracker, which didn't fit my needs and which I would not recommend at all.
However, the lk209c-3g are out now and work quite fine. Just be aware that they seem to keep a constant data connection and that their battery doesn't last as long as the 2G version.

darreno7 years ago

We use trackers that have 4 C cell LTC batteries (shrink wrapped) and use 3M structural adhesive mounts. LTC or Lithium Thionyl Chloride batteries (ER26500) are rated at 3.6V 8500ma/hr each at temperature ranges of -55C to +85C.

We have been testing the units since last Sept at 10 second intervals and they are still working today.

We have sent the protocol specs to Anton and hope to have the protocol added to Traccar in the near future.

Big C battery tracker<