Maintenance Module

Vidia John2 years ago

In the settings of maintenance there is a start and a period setting.

In the settings of a vehicle there is an Accumulators area.

I want to be able to tell traccar at every 8000km send an alert to do a general service for selected vehicles.

So I set up the maintenance, leave out start and set 8000km for period.

If my vehicle had an odometer/accumuators total distance reading of 10000km, I'm assuming at 18000km I'd get the alert, once the alert has been setup, is this correct?

If so, why is there a start setting in the maintenance setup?

TIA

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

Start is the first trigger. Let's say your car needs service every 8000km, but when you add it to Traccar it already has 4000km on the odometer. What you do is set start as 4000km and period 8000k.

Vidia John2 years ago

Understood. But if you have numerous vehicles, you got to make numerous maintenance records to make an alert for each vehicle?

If I remember correctly older versions you were able to set this per vehicle.

Please advise.

It always worked like this. You can have a maintenance record per vehicle.

Vidia John2 years ago

So if you got 500 vehicles, each needing an alert for 5 different reminders, like, oil change, tire rotation, general service, differential service and transmission oil change and they all have different odometer/accumulator readings, that's 2500 records that need to be set ..... is this correct?

TIA

Another option is you can reset distance to align your reminders.

Vidia John2 years ago

I'm not too sure what you mean, can you elaborate a bit please?

TIA

You can set total distance values, so they align between all your vehicles.

mhzatwork4 months ago

Hi Anton,

Thank you for your responses.
I have found the API in your API reference for setting total distance of the device.
But, How can I set total distance in DB ?
One more thing, Can setting a device distance affect reports or cause any further issue ?