Meitrack MVT340

pakonja8 years ago

Hello,

I have Meitrack MVT340 and in short lines what I did is:

• Installed the server
  • Ports are forwarded to public IP (5055 and 5020)
  • Added iOS device to server with ID and via port 5055
  • Added Meitrack device to server with Tracker ID and via port 5020

Well... iOS device is working ok and in log I have INFO for connected, than HEX data, than INFO for GPS location and other stuff, and last is INFO for disconnected... and that is OK...

Problem is with Meitrack MVT340 device because in log I have only INFO for connected and nothing else... to be more precise I have INFO for every time when device try to send data to server but no HEX and no other stuf.... log without iOS device look like this:

2016-10-16 07:30:39 INFO: [604E1D5A] connected
2016-10-16 07:32:20 INFO: [ABC3F233] connected
2016-10-16 07:34:01 INFO: [F3797BA4] connected
2016-10-16 07:35:44 INFO: [2BD0C82A] connected
.... and so on...

On mu router I see that device is connecting to server via port 5020 (incoming data) so firewall and port forwarding is not a problem... I think that my device is not sending data as it should, or server is not recognizing data a it should, or maybe this device is some sort of "china clone" but it looks "exactly" as Meitrack device on their site... I dont know what to think and what to try more... all night banging my head to try to solve this but... BUMP... HEEEEELP! :)

Does anyone have any idea what can be the problem?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Are you sure it's connections from your device? If yes, then there must be some problem with the device. If it sends data, you should be able to see HEX messages in the log.

pakonja8 years ago

I'm 100% sure because when I try to change port for access to server (random port) same IP address is appeared on router log as when I try with port 5020...

When I send SMS to device it retunrs SMS with OK location... only access to server is problematic... strange...

Any other idea what to check?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

It sounds like device issue. I would recommend to contact vendor support.