Micron AT Plus 4G configuration

Tyler Durden4 years ago

I have a Micron AT Plus 4G that I'd like to pair with my Traccar server, but I can't seem to find configuration info anywhere on the web. According to the Micron's website I can adjust the settings either by USB or SMS. Any info leading in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Does vendor not provide a manual or something?

Kosnb4 years ago

Hey Tyler,
The Micron AT Plus 4G should have a manual which should have the procedure to configure. With that said, if there's a simcard in it, make sure it has both internet connection and some airtime to be able to send SMS. Then start by send admin+password+your_phone_number and let's know if it sends back admin OK.

Tyler Durden4 years ago

Hey,

I bought it from Family 1st (https://family1st.io/) via Amazon. It came setup for their servers but I want to make it report to mine. I'm able to swap the SIM but I've been unable to find any info on setup instructions. The user manual that came with it doesn't include instructions for updating settings. I called the manufacturer and they are directing me to Family 1st, and they're no help. It'll probably need a factory/hard reset. Are there any generic or universal commands that work for these type of devices that you know of?

Kosnb4 years ago

Hello Tyler,
Basically, when a device is already setup in a server, you just need to change IP/port to that of your server, then configure the APN for the new sim-card and this is either through SMS or USB. When that being said, I previously asked you to send this command( admin+password+your_phone_number) to the sim-card found the device and let me know. If your password is 123456 and phone number is 676610576, then send admin123456 676610576. Notice there's a space between password and phone number

Tyler Durden4 years ago

Hi Kosnb,

Thanks for the advice. I don't know what the current password is so the command is not working. I'm looking for a way to factory reset. Will be back once I figure it out how.

Also, do you know if there is a particular software for the USB connection? When I plug in into my pc it is unrecognized.

Tyler Durden4 years ago

So, I've been sending the message you recommended to the device (admin+[default]password+my_phone_number) via SMS and getting no response. What would be a next step?

Are there any online resources for additional commands?

I like to think I'm pretty tech savvy, but when it comes to these devices, I don't even know what questions to ask so, any help or suggested reading material is appreciated.

Kosnb4 years ago

Hello Tyler,
The number you have in the device needs to have some airtime and should be able to send/receive SMS. If there's no airtime, you won't receive any feedback, no matter how many messages you send.