Mini A8 tracker

yellow512bbi8 years ago

Hi,
I am testing the mini A8 tracker. i purchased it from ebay and wasn't sure how to set the website on tracker to demo.traccar.org?

is this unit supported by Traccar?

here are the details from ebay:
Global Locator Mini Real Time Car Kids A8 GSM/GPRS/GPS Tracker Tracking Device
How does it work:

It's simple. Your surveillance operation will be underway in 4 simple steps:

Insert a mobile phone SIM card in the device (E.G. free PAYG SIM card from O2 etc)

Conceal the device where it cant be seen...

Dial the pay as you go number from your phone.....

Listen - now you can hear what they are really talking about...

Power on: open the back cover, put the SIM card into the seats, then it is automatically power on. When booting, indicator will light for 10 seconds, after the indicator is off, cover the back cover then it can be used

Environmental monitoring: starting up normally, dial alarm number, it will be easy to hear the situation within 10 miters around the machine after waiting for five seconds.

Sound control dialing: use mobile phones or fixed-line to get through SIM card number in the alarm, hang up the machine when hearing the sound of the machine about 3 seconds, and that means it sets up successfully. When there is a sound above 45 db within 10 miters around the alarm, the call will be automatically make call number which you set before.

Send 0000 SMS to turn off sound control function.

Send 1111 SMS to turn on sound control function.

LBS positioning: please directly edit capital letters“DW” SMS to the alarm in China,and on aboard please edit capital letters “GPS”to the alarm,The alarm will revert a message including the information about addresses/longitude and latitude/web site content in a minute.

SOS Emergency call:Edit the content of messages capital letters“SOS”to alarm, directly press the key SOS above three seconds after the success of setting, the alarm will directly call the setting number. And the indicator will flash.

Operating frequency:GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz

Standby time:When using sound control, Standby 5 to 7 days

Notice:

Before using the new machine should be filled with electricity, in order to achieve the best effect.

Standard charger: 5.0V, 500 MA, in order to avoid damage the host.

When install, please pay attention to GSM network signal strength, do not install in no signal or weak signal of place, so as not to affect the use effect.

When ran out of battery ,the indicator light is not bright, So please charging before use.

When you couldn't get through the phone ,please re-inserting the card and booting or charging again then re-test.

When could not be automatic answer, please re-inserting the card and booting.

When could not reply the message, please check whether the sim card have to owe a fee, or check whether the sim card is filled with text messages, then try it again.

If you need other security function ,please contact the seller directly to customize.

This product is forbidden for illegal purposes, Otherwise your peril.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago
yellow512bbi8 years ago

thank you this was helpful but I was not able to determine how do i enter the Traccar url into the device for it to send the location updates to the Traccar server.

for example in the android client i can enter the url of the traccar server so my app knows to send location updates to my traccar server. i wasn't sure how to configure the tracker device so that it sends the location updates to the Traccar server.

i want to use the demo.traccar.org server as a test please.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Usually devices accept commands via SMS. You should be able to send domain name or IP address of the server in special format via SMS message.

Maco337 years ago

I would ask how it works SOS button? I want this device for elderly parents. When I pull the SOS button how many times will call on my phone? How do I cancel the SOS call from Mini A8?
Thank you for answer.

karthik6 years ago

How to send Traccar url into the device using SMS

Markos5 years ago

how to enter traccar url to mini a8 device. what is the sms code for it