Mini Motorcycle/Vehicle Tracking Units no good? Seems it was the Cell Provider that was the ISSUE!

arthurnetteler7 years ago

I have in the past month bought 3 of these small GPS Units.

https://scontent.fmnl3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/20403740_1639125989439542_108260277_n.jpg?oh=8127ff0776a7e61e3815538780cf3b86&oe=59813E3D

Two of the three Units worked fine for about 5-6 days then they stopped reporting any movement of the Vehicle. Even though they are SHOWING ONLINE on the Website. Just stuck in one place no matter how far (up to 100km) that the Vehicles moved. And you can call them up SMS, and they respond with their ST#, #TCP# & OP# information. It is as if they are just parked and reporting as STOPPED for DAYS on END now. The third Unit when installed, shows the Vehicle in the MIDDLE of the Atlantic Ocean off of Africa! And does not show online or reply to SMS.
On the two that stopped working, I noticed in the information sent back, that they are either "SLEEPING" or "GPS/UN FIXED". After they are stopped for a while 3-4 hours they show "SLEEPING". The website also at times will say either "Success! Please wait for response...", or "Make sure unit is connected". This is craziness, I hope that you have some help for us.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Am I understanding correctly that you are not using Traccat website with those devices?

It was a shot in the Dark that you might know what is causing the issues I am having.

martin_thompson7 years ago

@arthurnetteler its your bad luck. May be those devices weren't good enough. We are a delivery company. We have 25 TGB Express delivery bikes. We need to use gps kits to maintain drivers hours regulations. And those are working perfectly. Sometime we need services and they arrive within 8 hours.

We found the problem with these little TX-5 Vehicle Trackers. It is the "SMART" Cell Provider cutting the Part of the Signal that is used by the Trackers. We changed Sim Cards in two of them and they started TRACKING AGAIN, for you guessed it 5 DAYS. Then they were online but no Tracking info, still with "SMART". I change the other one to "XXXXX" Cell Provider and it is still up and running now 7 DAYS! That was all we did, change Cell Sims & Providers. We will change the other two tomorrow to "XXXXX" as well.

Now been more than 2 weeks and the little cheap "Motorcycle Trackers" that cost only $13 are doing great. Changed to a different Cell provider in the 3rd one, and it too is now working and showing the correct Location +- a little being they are LBS. Good enough for our Van Service, just need to know if they are moving or at the Area for PU/DO.

Daniel Navarro6 years ago

Hello Arthur. are you using at the moment those GPS?¿ . Im thinking to buy it