Motion attribute using Wialon protocol

alextruppela year ago

Hello everyone,

I'm implementing my own tracker and I'm using the Wialon protocol. I know you can send extra information in the parameters list.

I want to send the motion parameter (KEY_MOTION). I can see here that the name for that parameter is "motion". Therefore, in the parameter list of the data packet that I send to Traccar, I add "motion:1:1" when the tracker is in motion and "motion:1:0" when it isn't.

But this seems to be shown in the interface differently than when Traccar calculates it itself. My guess is that KEY_MOTION is supposed to be a boolean attribute, and what I'm sending is an integer value.

However, Wialon does not have boolean attributes. I can either send "motion:1:1"/"motion:1:0" or "motion:3:true"/"motion:3:false" (1 = int attribute, 3 = string attribute). Looking at the code here, it seems that the attributes in the Wialon protocol are parsed always as doubles or strings.

I may be incorrect so far, I'm not sure. So my question is: is there a way to send the KEY_MOTION over Wialon in such a way that it is interpreted correctly by Traccar?

Thank you!

Anton Tananaeva year ago

One option is to send some custom attribute as a number and then use computed attributes to convert into a boolean "motion".

alextruppela year ago

That is an extremely fast answer! Thank you very much.

I would rather avoid using computed attributes because:

1. A few of my friends will also use these trackers and it would be easier for them if it "just works", and
  2. I cannot figure out how to add custom attributes. All the settings tabs (Devices, Groups, Drivers, Calendars, etc) have a plus button on the web interface, except Computed Attributes! How can I add one?

Is there another option?

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Another option is to support boolean attributes natively, but you would need some code changes for that. Don't forget to send a pull request if you manage to implement it.

alextruppela year ago

Hmm I will see if I can do it myself, yes. Hopefully you'll have a pull request at some point.

The general problem with this is that Wialon does not support defining when a value is a boolean. So maybe the best option would be to detect when the value is defined as a string (type 3) and then if it is equal to "true" or "false", assume it is a boolean.

Also, there are a few more minor issues with Wialon parameter decoding. For example, the "accuracy" parameter is not part of the general LinkedHashMap of attributes. Instead, a "setAccuracy" function exists, but this function is never called by the Wialon decoder. Here, I sugest intercepting a value with name "accuracy" in this for loop and calling "setAccuracy" directly there.

Anton Tananaeva year ago

Agree with both.

alextruppela year ago

Awesome, I'll get on it then.