New topic in the forum doesn’t work

Daniel Hölder10 months ago

There seems to be a problem with the forum. A friend of mine isn’t able to start a new topic in the forum.

Willem Hellenthal10 months ago

test

Seems to be a problem of the „Server“ forum. It doesn’t work for me as well.

Anton Tananaev10 months ago

What's the error? What's his account?

What was he trying to post? We have some filtering for email addresses, excessive number of URLs and some other abusive things.

I asked him to reply here...

I did try to change the Settings > Server > Attributes > Color Primary in the web interface.
By accident I did enter a HTML color code without the #. After the save the modern layout didn't load anymore.
I have find the solution to fix this by now. By activating the legacy layout and then deleting / editing the false color code.
But would be great if such invalid value wouldn't be accepted.

Later I wanted to post a message about my new improved Megastek protocol;

• Added WiFi data for LBS Geolocation (tested with Google)
  • Some Attribute where linked to the wrong one, like battery percentage was linked to battery voltage.
  • Belt On/Off now linked to Attribute Lock who gives Lock / Unlock alar/status on a already existing Attribute.
  • Added commandResult messages.
  • Extended the protocol with MegastekProtocolEncoder for easier sending commands (only need to enter the command and not the full format).
  • And added some preset commands by the SupportedDataCommands list / MegastekProtocolEncoder.
  • And some more things.

We already have a fix for the color issue.

That's great :), thanks.

I did install Traccar like a week ago now. It's running 5.8. But didn't look for updates yet since I was very busy with Megastek protocol improvements and also still busy with improvements for the Xexun2 protocol.

There's no new release yet, but the fix is on master.

Right, ok great.

How can people btw the best share there new code, like improvements and extended protocols?

Standard way - pull request on GitHub.

Will look into that, thanks!