newbee trying first setup manager on android phone

Hello Anton,

thank you for your quick respons to my first question!

I have installed my traccar manager on my android phone, sofar so good.
I have my (chinese clone) tk103b gps tracker working with gsm functionality
I understand the issue with different ports for those chinese clones,

• i will figure the ports after i'm sure all the other settings are right. otherwise i will go in a vicious circle.
    I have setup the GPRS APN, name and password correctly, didn't turn GPRS on yet as i haven't send the ip, and port info.

My phone will be connected to the internet through one of either of these means:

1. via wifi at home. (behind a router on which i might will need to open / forward the correct port)
  2. via 3G / 4G on my mobile provider network.

now i need to start on actually connecting the tk103b to the manager on my phone.

Setting up tracker: this last bit is where i get a bit lost. (for ease to answer i number my questions again)

1. which ip should send to the traccer to connect to?
    a) ip of demo server 5 (for me), in which case.... should i use the ip or the domain server name (or doesn't this matter?)
    b) or the ip of my phone? in which case the ip changes when i change the way through which i connect to the internet. (do find this unlikely myself, but i ask to be sure)

Setting up manager:
2) name: does this identify my tracker online? in which case where do i find this name? or just choose one for myself?
3) identifier: this is the imei or 0 followed by the last 11 imei digits right?

sorry to bother you again with these newbee questions. but maybe the answer will help others to in the future.

Kind regards

Matthieu

Anton Tananaev6 years ago
  1. Of course you need to use IP address of the server.
  2. Name is just for you. System doesn't use it for anything other than displaying it on the map.
  3. Identifier is whatever your device uses to identify itself on the server. In most cases it is IMEI, but in some cases it can be serial number, part of IMEI or something else.