Notifications on IOS

Chris5 months ago

Hi everyone,

I've configured traccar according to the doco in notifications.

I've set the parameters:

<entry key='notificator.types'>traccar,web...</entry>
<entry key='notificator.traccar.key'>TRACCAR_KEY</entry>

I can send a WEB notification and it appears in both the app on my Mac and on the phone as a toast message (if the client is running).

Should this also be showing as an iOS notification?

Anton Tananaev5 months ago

Web notification won't appear as a system notification. The push notification (traccar or firebase) will if everything is set up correctly.

Chris5 months ago

Thanks Anton,

To setup the Traccar notifications is it just the two properties (notificator.types & notificator.traccar.key) in the xml file ?

Anton Tananaev5 months ago

In the configuration yes, but you obviously need to configure notifications correctly for the user in the app.

Chris5 months ago

Thanks Anton,

In the Traccar manager app I can test a web notification, this works. I see the test notification.

If I change the Channel to Traccar, nothing happens.

Leea month ago

Where is a link to the documentation that describes how to setup the push notifications for the user in the app (iOS)?

I have the entries configured with my "Push notifications API key" that was obtained from the traccar.org website. When I create users on the server from the web UI, and then go to the users' settings and add a "Notifications Token" attribute and click save, that field remains blank. Where does that value/key originate from?

Anton Tananaeva month ago

Never modify "Notifications Tokens" user attribute manually! This is not the same thing as the API key. That's the device token, which is generated automatically for you on login.

Leea month ago

Thanks Anton.

Do I need to remove the "Notification Tokens" attribute for each user? Or, do I need to completely delete the user(s) and re-create them to re-initiate the push notification process for iOS?

Anton Tananaeva month ago

You can remove it if you want. Remember that the user would need to re-login after that.