OBD in Aus

john dooley6 years ago

Hi all, with our 2G network shut down in Australia, and with a bunch of .cn sourced trackers being sold with only 2G compatibility I'm not sure of what models work (with 3G/4G) and I realise the next battle is getting one that traccar can decode the protocol. Anyone have any model suggestions that work with traccar over GPRS and 3G in Aus?

Ive got a meitrack TC68SG working (optus/amaysim sim) but need a few (4-6) more and its fairly expensive ($200)

Looks like pl630 works ($120-180)

Wondering about this one? There are some CCTR-8XX devices in the compatibility list some I'm hopeful on the protocol front
CCTR-830G http://www.999gps.org/en/CCTR-830G-GPStracker-en-V2.pdf

Thanks
J

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I would need protocol documentation to check if it's supported.

visiondrive6 years ago

John - we have a few options (non OBD) on 3 and 4G if you want to reach out working with a Traccar Server - sales@visiondrive.net.au

We are trialing some Teltonika, Istartek and Mictrack (4G) units on Telstra and Vodafone SIMs but will settle with Tesltra via M2M.

The main issue for 3G is coverage and if using Telstra you need a device operating on both 850 and 2100MHz - you need to confirm coverage with other carriers.

Vjoycar-Eva6 years ago

hi john,

how about portable gps trackers , we have kinds of 3G portable devices, very popular in Australia already

if you are interested in, pls give me a email, i will show you our pricelist for distributors: eva@vjoycar.com

thanks

visiondrive6 years ago

Eva I will email you. John