Option to discard undelivered location updates

ke5stl5 years ago

Hey Anton,

when a smartphone, running the traccar client, goes into a 'communications hole', and they are unable to have location updates delivered, and then, when network connectivity is back, the device pumps the previously undelivered location updates.

i would like to have the option of telling the device not to bother delivering previous messages.

reason for this is: depending on the connection speed, and the number of location updates involved, it can represent quite a delay before it actually gets to the point of showing where the device now is.

it might also be interesting if the response from the server (since this is tcp/http) could be made to indicate whether the server is discarding stale data, and just wants the latest.

I understand that for those that want/need to be able to show a history of locations, that this may not be terribly attractive. but, for me, it's a very desirable thing.

the most important thing for me is: where are they now. I'm not interested in where they were while they were out of cell coverage range.

best regards,