Performance issues with iOS 11 and iPhone 8

Dirk7 years ago

Having performance issues with iOS 11 and iPhone 8. Hard to scroll/zoom on the map (currently using the open maps). Also some of the items under account (preferences and permissions) are not showing up as options. Thanks

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

It's a known issue with ExtJS library. I guess the only option is to wait for them to release a fix.

abyss7 years ago

Can't it be related to openlayers library? There are two fixes https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/releases
4.3.3 related to performance, 4.3.4 related to iOS

Maybe. I guess we'll see when we update.

socstur7 years ago

I use google maps and I think I see the same issues Dirk is referring above; Touch scrolling/zooming freezes on the map and I have to use +/- to zoom in/out. Also the +Extra option under devices and +Preferences, +Permissions under account and server do not show. This started after upgrade to iOS 11.

Try to update Openlayers (ol) version in the load.js file and see if it helps.

socstur7 years ago

Anton...I thought you mentioned this is ExtJS library issue?

You mentioned two problems. One of them (issue in dialogs) is definitely ExtJS. The other one might be OpenLayers.

socstur7 years ago

Apple released iOS 11.1 beta and it seem to have fixed the scrolling/zooming issue. The only one left now is the dialogs. You said an update to ExtJS should fix that?

Yes, it should, but it's unlikely that they would release an update very soon.