Queclink GL300

Dirk7 years ago

Anton thanks a bunch for helping me getting the platform set up the other day. I have a few Queclink GL300's that I want to get up and running. I flashed the device with the correct APN, IP and port (5082) UDP, settings but it does not report into the platform. I made sure that port 5082 is open on my server (in and out). I wondered if anyone else has this device up and running? I would appreciate any feedback or help.

Thanks!

Dirk

007tracking7 years ago

Dirk I have few these units, Can help you, Drop me an email address to exchange details

Dirk7 years ago

Thanks a bunch!! I appreciate it!

dpepperd@gmail.com

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Port 5082 is almost certainly incorrect for Queclink. Most likely the right one is 5004. Server supports both UDP and TCP for that particular port.

Dirk7 years ago

Anton,

I put the wrong port #. I was using 5004 the whole time. Still working with the config file to determine why it's not showing up correctly.

The 5082 was for the Calamp that I've been trying to get to work but it's a 600 series so that's likely the problem. I have a LMU-1100 i'm going to go that route instead since it's on the list.

Thanks,

Dirk

Do you see the HEX data in the log?

Dirk7 years ago

It did show up with one update earlier today 1/7/17 at 1:06:57

I'm trying to figure out the correct linux cli entry to find that point in time so I can get the hex data.

Still working on it.

Thanks,

Dirk

Dirk7 years ago

it took me a minute but I got it. I knew the grep command would work I just had to find the right syntax. Ok I got one of the log files from when this GL300 did report in.

+RESP:GTFRI,1A0100,860599000013722,,0,0,1,1,0.0,0,29.9,-81.556707,30.233233,20170107054631,0310,0260,5317,0583,,97,20170107054916,0181$

Since something about this was right, can you help me figure out why it only reported for a short while then not at all?

Thanks,

Dirk

OK, here is a command that I often use:

cat /opt/traccar/logs/tracker-server.log | grep "5004 "

If you don't see any recent messages there, it means that your device doesn't send anything.

Dirk7 years ago

I'm going to have another go at it tomorrow (except for 1-4 Eastern during the Steelers playoff game lol). If it reported in once it's a matter of finding what in the config file was wrong that it didn't keep reporting. One of your members helped me a bunch today so that was greatly appreciated! I'll post back with the results once we figure out what happened.

Is there anything in particular from the binary results from the hex string that will help us narrow down what happened?

Thanks!

Dirk

I don't think data from the HEX messages would help to identify the problem. Most likely the issue is with device config.