QUESTION: How do I make the user email address/username case insensitive (NON Case Sensitive) so that users do not land up with multiple profiles of the same email address or unable to login?

Sean Hay6 years ago

Hi
QUESTION: How do I make the user email address/username case insensitive (NON Case Sensitive) so that users do not land up with multiple profiles of the same email address or unable to login?

I have installed the latest Traccar version 4.0. (I am not a programmer, technical yes)
Server: Centos7.5 with WHH/Cpanel v74.0.4 and MySQL

Problem / Scenario:

1. User uses their mobile phone (Tracccar Android Manager), when registering their email / username the phone automatically puts a capital letter on the first letter of their email. They add a few devices etc.
  2. User now wants to log in using the server web interface. They type their username/email with a small first letter to login. And cannot login. User now tries to register again, but with a small first letter on the username/email and same password. Now a second user/email is created both the same email address but one with a capital first letter on the front and one with a small first letter on the front. The user now tries to create their devices but cannot as they are already on the other profile. And possibly creates a few new devices that don't exist on the other profile.
  3. Use the uses the app on their mobile phone....
  4. Users then get extremely annoyed not knowing they have 2 profiles with the same email address. (even worse if they register again with a capital elsewhere in their email, they will then have 3 profiles but with the same email address)

NOTE: "Forgot Password" > enter email address > send username and password to user. (Would also be great and solve some admin overhead)

Thank you in advance.
Sean