SenseCAP T1000 support

axelT8 months ago

Hi,

Any idea if the LoRaWAN tracker SenseCAP T1000 (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seeed/sensecap-t1000-track-what-you-care-with-no-boundaries) can be used with Traccar? If not, is support envisioned?

Thanks!

Track-trace8 months ago

Good way to start your fundraising campaign :)

axelT8 months ago

Oh, not at all. I am not affiliated in any way with the campaign or the company!

I have been using Traccar for years now and stumbled across this device, thought it was an interesting concept and was wondering if it could be compatible with Traccar.

Hope there is no misunderstanding :-)

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

They claim to be very open, so I guess it should be possible to integrate if the protocol is available and they allow server changes.

Track-trace8 months ago

@axeIT

Yes it might be interesting if you ask them to supply the protocol.

axelT8 months ago

I signed up for one, will see and update this thread.

In any case, looks like it is possible to send updates to an MQTT broker, from there I can always figure out a way to send to Traccar...

alphil6 months ago

I've just set up my T1000 Sensecap Tracker. I've managed to connect it to the Helium network and have configured it to communicate using MQTT.
I'm currently using the decoder provided by Sensecap for Helium, but I believe it would be more efficient to decode the data directly in Traccar.
Any suggestions or advice on implementing this would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a brief overview of the data I'm receiving:

"decoded": {
        "payload": {
            "data": {
                "err": 0,
                "messages": [
                    [
                        {
                            "measurementId": "4200",
                            "measurementValue": [],
                            "motionId": 0,
                            "timestamp": 1699361040000,
                            "type": "Event Status"
                        },
                        {
                            "measurementId": "4197",
                            "measurementValue": -0.34444,
                            "type": "Longitude"
                        },
                        {
                            "measurementId": "4198",
                            "measurementValue": 39.47096,
                            "type": "Latitude"
                        },
                        {
                            "measurementId": "4097",
                            "measurementValue": 20.6,
                            "type": "Air Temperature"
                        },
                        {
                            "measurementId": "4199",
                            "measurementValue": 100,
                            "type": "Light"
                        },
                        {
                            "measurementId": "3000",
                            "measurementValue": 81,
                            "type": "Battery"
                        }
                    ]
                ],
                "payload": "0600000000654a3110fffabe88025a477000ce006451",
                "valid": true
            }
        },
        "status": "success"
    },
axelT6 months ago

Nice! I am also playing with the T1000, but for some reason, I am unable to get it working with the Things Stack Cloud - works well with the SenseCAP Things network though.

I would suggest leaving the decoding on Helium, the decoder will probably be better maintained. My plan is to use NodeRed to get the decoded payload through MQTT and convert it to a Traccar OsmAnd request to send the location to Traccar.

Hope this helps!

alphil6 months ago

I am going to try to prepare and send the string with NodeRed to Traccar using the OsmAnd protocol, thank you.

axelT6 months ago

For the life of me, I was unable to get it working on The Things Stack (neither Community nor Cloud). Tried to get support from SenseCAP but didn't get any :-( So, if anyone has ideas or suggestions, let me know, thanks!

As a fallback, I used the SenseCAP Things Network integration. They provide basic MQTT messages which I integrated using NodeRed to pass on location data to Traccar using the OsmAnd protocol. I also integrated in NodeRed the Google Geolocation API to get approximate location from WiFi access points the T1000 picks up when GPS signal is not available. Overall, works well! As long as there is LoraWan coverage of course...

alphil6 months ago

I have managed to get 3 Sensecap T1000s working through:
Helium->MQTT->NodeRed (Google Geolocation API, if the location is via Wi-Fi and GPS isn't available)->Traccar (OsmAnd).

It works well, but the coordinate resolution through BSSID is not very accurate.

Joshua Dunham6 months ago

alphil and/or axelT, any chance you can share your node-red config? I don't know node-red well and I'm slow to learn it right now.

axelT6 months ago

@Joshua, are you using the SenseCAP Things Network or Helium?

Joshua Dunham6 months ago

I've been using the SenseCAP Things Network, but I'm willing to switch to Helium if need be. I have no network loyalty right now.

axelT5 months ago

I could send you my SenseCAP Things Network integration, there are a few prerequisites :

1. MQTT server - positions are sent to Traccar using MQTT. If you don't have one, you could set one up or modify the flow accordingly (quite an easy modification)
  2. Google Geolocate API and Elevate API - these only necessary if you use WiFi location on the T1000 (the API will determine location based on WiFi access points picked up by the T1000) and if you want to send altitude information to Traccar.

Works for you?