Setting up new device on my own Ip

vasan823 years ago

i have a pro-track device and am trying to get data to my website . Any idea on how we can achieve this? I have zero knowledge on how GPS physical module works . I just need to at least see raw data landing on my IP address . Can someone repost any link available in this forums so i can take a look please?

I want to do and understand this even before i start using traccar

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Does your device support server configuration? If yes, you should be able to get this information from vendor or seller. It usually comes with device manual.

vasan823 years ago

they gave me a protocol document but they are not providing support on how to get this done . i directly spoke with pro track manufacturers / suppliers

Protocol documentation is usually different. They should provide information on how to configure device. It's typically part of a device manual document, not protocol documentation, but sometimes it's the same thing. Depends on the vendor.

vasan823 years ago

will you be able to help , i already had a mail communication with you but since i did not get any. support from manufacturer i was not able to have a session with you . Any help would be appreciated . We have few devices installed and able to track assets using the app provided by the manufacturer, but not sure how to get the hex values to land on the IP

I won't be able to help with device side configuration.

vasan823 years ago

ok thanks

vasan823 years ago

I see that they are askig to send an sms to activate the device as below . is this some thing useful on how to get data, was this some thing you were looking for
```
DNS setting

To connect other platform, please send the two SMS commands bleow:
Command format:
SERVER,1,DNS,Port,0#
Command format:SERVER, 1, www.gpsluckly.com, 88,0#
It will reply “OK” after set successfully.
```

Yes, that's exactly what you need.

vasan823 years ago

thanks , once i do this how to read data into my IP , is it just that i need to listen to port on my IP to get the Hex data ?

Yes.

vasan823 years ago

thanks