SMS to my device but IPv6 IP

DaveGG8 months ago

Hello every...
How do I send an SMS to an IPV6 IP?
Short explanation to point. In order for my GPS device to send the data to a server, I must first send an SMS with the socket -public ipv4 and port- to the device's SIM, for example SMS to SERVER#46.101.24.212#xxxx (where the x is the specific port for each device model) after of receiving the SIM of the device the SMS if the GPS is working normally (good signal) it would begin to send data to that demo server and thus see our GPS online. We all know it, now my ISP can already assign me IPV6, and with this they say that I no longer have CG-NAT on my 4G mobile network (not fiber) but, how do I send an SMS to that terrible IP that type? 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334
Note in my system SMS gps the double point : is sustituid for #
Thank you!!

Anton Tananaev8 months ago

You cannot send an SMS to an IP address. You can only send SMS to phone numbers.

DaveGG8 months ago

But with the socket
Edit, ther device SIM is the phone number, obviously.
Cheers

You cannot send SMS via a socket. You can send a network packet to the device via a socket, but only if the device is connected to your server, in which case the IP address of the device is irrelevant. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but your questions don't make sense to me. Maybe we're missing some context.

DaveGG8 months ago

Ok, let me explain, maybe you need more information about my case. I personally called it socket because someone said so on the Internet.
When sending TCP packets to a specific IP and port the construct is 192.168.0.0:8082 That person called it a socket, and inside there are packets, of course. But I wanted to make myself understood. My purpose is to be able to host traccar on my windows 10 but trying to avoid the CG-NAT that I always had, (I connect via 4G with an operator SIM card) and it is always in CG-NAT) until a few months ago when they implemented ipv6 and they say that ipv6 is not behind cg-nat and therefore "I believe" that the packets sent by the GPS no longer pass or are blocked by the operator's router (CG-NAT)
All this if they didn't lie to me with their information. They say IPV6 is not in CG-NAT.

OK, so you're trying to configure your device to use IPv6? Does it support it? As far as I know, most devices don't.

DaveGG8 months ago

Not Anton. Well, I'm very bad at understanding network technology, don't worry, I don't want to distract you, keep up your great help to this community, I'm not the only one with doubts. I have already opened a ticket to my ISP to tell me how they are going to let the TCP packets from the GPS pass through IPv6, since they do not arrive via IPv4 because I am after cg-nat.
It is not a problem with traccar or my GPS, it was just the question of the SMS to the device number, which I understand is sent to an IP (IPV4) and destination port.
As always, thank you for your time and your work.

DaveGG8 months ago

Put this info just to understand that my ISP say.

Advantages of IPv6 for O2 customers

With the new protocol, mobile devices will have their own public addresses and will be able to stay connected to multiple networks simultaneously (due to configuration capabilities that allow the hardware to automatically assign multiple IP addresses to the same device).

IP addresses identify a device and are used to make communication over the Internet effective. To establish a simile, it would be like a telephone number that uniquely identifies devices connected to a network.

In addition, access to native content such as Google, Instagram or WhatsApp will be faster as you do not have to go through NAT transformation stages. IPv6 connections do not have CG-NAT.

This is summarized in:
Better security, such as support for end-to-end authentication and encryption, better protects user privacy.
Better quality of service, as it offers better network management and better traffic prioritization.
Greater efficiency in the use of the network and access to more innovative services such as home automation.
Greater addressing capacity, which will allow more IP addresses to be available to connect more devices and services to the Internet.