Something small that can run the Traccar client

lightseeker2 years ago

Is there a device that can run the Traccar client that is small? Something along the lines of 60mm x 60mm? I am most interested in the accuracy that the client provides on a cell phone. The elevation data along with the GPS coordinates are a perfect storm for tracking.

BerndFfm2 years ago

GPS in cellular phones is not very exact. I have a Samsung S10Lite and I have a lot of jumps in the gps track.

Advantage : In buildings without gps a cellular phone can get a position with triangular the cell towers.

The smallest devices that can send gps data to the traccars server have about 3 x 4 cm.

#Bernd

lightseeker2 years ago

The phones that I have connected are extremely accurate with only small jumps periodically. modern cellphones use Wi-Fi triangulation when you enable it. With the Traccar client you can watch a person walk around in large buildings to within a few feet. I am looking for something that can run the client, but don't want to use a cellphone.

BerndFfm2 years ago

With some phone types I have troubles with the accuracy.

Here you see 2 phones showing the same way :

Red : iPhone 6S

Blue : Samsung S10Lite

Accuracy 1

Here Samsung S10Lite

Accuracy 2

Outside via GPS I usually have a accuracy of 3 - 5 m. In buildings with cellular triangulation I have 10 - 15 m.

Greetings Bernd

Eumaeus2 years ago

Hello, We have CO-EYE i-Tracker devices (85x55x22 mm) to work well with Traccar Client APP, actually which is an android smartphone without screen. The device integrated with GNSS/WIFI/BLE 4.3/GPRS/WCDMA/Barometer/433M RFID/3-Axis accelerator/Magnetometer/Speaker/Microphone/2G ROM/8G RAM/2300mAH Battery, the OS version is android 5.1 rooted and can be operated via Vysor software in PC by internal USB port. Why we designed such tracker device with android? One is taking advantage of free WIFI location SDK to solve indoor positioning, the other is to isolate application softwares from hardware, as you known it's opening for any android APP in such devices without helps from vendor. Unfortunately, we have manufactured and leased a hundred of thousands devices more than 8 years with our own proprietary software deployed inside, never opened for third-party APP. When our businesses are mainly focus on our domestic market, our CO-EYE software is good enough, but once we try to deliver products to oversea clients it's always difficult. Until we found Traccar, it's great, everything is possible now. Thanks for Traccar team.