Suggest a seller to buy GPS306A TK206

umair9758 years ago

Hi,
I am looking to experiement with GPS tracking using OBD 2 devices. correct me if im wrong but it seems like the cheapest options r the Chinese devices GPS306A TK206. there are hundreds of sellers on aliexpress. Can anyone recommend any seller based on their experience or do u recommend going with any other device. I need a device that can take data sim cards from my local providers I dont need any subscription based service.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago
umair9758 years ago

I have looked at this thread earlier and based on that I have realized that Chinese tk206 will work. I am looking for a suggested retailer/reseller whom I can buy the device from based on anyone's past experience.

I would recommend to check seller's rating and reviews. Maybe someone else can recommend any specific seller there.

baZzz8 years ago

I just received the one that I ordered from this vendor: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/With-Geo-fence-protection-Over-speed-alarm-Car-Vehicle-Tracking-system-Dependable-OBDII-OBD2-GPS-Tracker/32687295386.html last week. It took 4 weeks to arrive in the Netherlands. Best thing is, it is working! :-) I've also just written a short setup guide for it here:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/tk206-obd-ii-instructions/#post-7265
Good luck!

umair9758 years ago

thank u! I will place the order with them now!

umair9758 years ago

The seller is saying that the model no iss 11092 and not tk206. can you please confirm what model you have received thats working with you.

Traccar supports all protocols commonly used by Chinese trackers, so it should be supported even if the model is slightly different.

baZzz8 years ago

All I know is that I've ordered from that seller and the tracker that was sent to me works. (You can see the only feedback on that page; it's from me.) Also, on the product page it says:
Product details GPS Tracker TK206
Also, different model trackers can use the same protocol (TK206), so perhaps that's what the mix-up was about.