Teltonika FMB204

Andreas K3 years ago

Hello!

We use a lot of Teltonika FMB204 and we was wondering why we dont can use the alarms for towing, unplug, accident and jamming.
Now I was study the sources in Github and find that in the file
traccar/src/main/java/org/traccar/protocol/TeltonikaProtocolDecoder.java
the cases for this alarms not in the list.

246 towing
247 accident
249 jamming
252 powerCut

Is there a possibility to use this without compiling a own version of Traccar?

Thanks and best regards

Andy

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Are you sure it's compatible with older versions of Teltonika?

Andreas K3 years ago

I will check it, we have some older Units also.

Thanks for fast reaktion!
I will be back after check the IDs on old one.

Andy

Andreas K3 years ago

I was checking our older units and find the same IDs for some settings that doesnt will send to the tracking server, there are only for setup funktions of the units.

Andy

Edska3 years ago

I find it hard to configure Teltonika events as well. It looks like majority of Alarms do not exist for important Events such as "Unplug detection", "Towing" etc.

Full list of Teltonika Event Ids could be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB_AVL_ID#Eventual_I.2FO_elements

The link is only for newer devices.

Edska3 years ago

I have tried enabling Events from current TeltonikaProtocolDecoder.java however I don't see anything in traccar Event log. Only Status online/offline. I have tried FMB920 and FMB204 trackers with same result. I have even tried custom computed attributes with no success. Howver in traccar State window I see these attributes being received so it looks like traccar does not interpret them correctly into Notifications or smth.
Is this functionality is not fully implemented yet? What could be the problem?

Edska3 years ago

Anton is there any plans to update Teltonika protocol version?

Andreas K3 years ago

Or is it possible to make for the FMXXX an extra port if You think that it will be problems with older Teltonika devices. I think the new IDs doesnt disturb older units.

You should be able to use computed attributes to convert any generic IO values.