Teltonika new devices

hugo_silva227 years ago

Hello,

Does anybody know if the new revised teltonika devices are compatible with the traccar server (did the communication protocol suffered an huge modification)?

The device i would like to connect to my traccar server is the next one:

Teltonika FMB010

http://www.teltonika.lt/product/fmb010/

I only would like to get position parameters.

Thank you,

Hugo Silva

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I believe Teltonika uses same protocol for most of their devices, so it should work. To be sure I would need to see protocol documentation though.

hugo_silva227 years ago

Anton,

Thank you for the answer.

Is there a way i can be sure they didnt change the protocol at all (at the GPS coordinates side)? Since these are recently updated devices, i was unable to see if they are compatible.

If you have the device(s), you can just try and see if it works.

hugo_silva227 years ago

I don't have the devices. I would like to be sure so i can spend my money on devices that actually work.

Thank you.

Then I would recommend asking Teltonika if the protocol is the same.

mojiwunefela6 years ago

Me too I'm interested into this device, any news?

hugo_silva226 years ago

Hello,
It works good.
The protocol is the same.

mojiwunefela6 years ago

Thanks a lot, a last question, do you know if it support a DNS hostname (example: gps.mydomain.com) as a tracking service endpoint instead of specifying your server by IP address?

hugo_silva226 years ago

I never tested it. Although, at the device configurator it asks for a Domain (at the place where you input the IP address).
I think it would work because not everyone can have a fixed public IP address. Don't forget about the port forwarding.