TK103b Issues

shaga8 years ago

I have Traccar up and running, collecting data off a few smartphones with the Traccar App, no issues at all!

And then there the TK103b that I got in, I have inserted a valid T-Mobile SIM and able to SMS the device without issues, SMS tracking but for the life of me, I can not get the GPRS mode active.

begin123456
adminip123456 <ip address> 5055
apn591280 fast.tmobile.com
t001mn123456 (tried fix060sn123456 too, neither returns a response)
GPRS123456

No traffic on the server and a check shows GPRS is still off. I think the apn command is sending a hyperlink along with the data, and I can't get it to stop doing so. Any suggestions?

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Can't say anything about APN settings, but the port you are trying to use is most definitely wrong one.

You need to use one of the ports from the following page:

https://www.traccar.org/ports-for-tk-gt-and-other-gps-devices/

shaga8 years ago

Yea, I've tried a number of ports, still not getting past the GPRS. Thanks for the note.

AdamNic8 years ago

I've just set up a tracker last night that uses the same protocol, when I sent "fix030s030m***n123456" i got an sms reply with the location info, then sending "grps123456" turned off the sms sending. Since you didnt get a reply from the tracker by sms (notice you swithed to gprs mode after sending the fix request), i'd suspect that your tracker is not sending data for traccar to recieve.

I haven't tried sending the fix request without the 030m portion (030s is report every 30 seconds when ACC line is powered, 030m is report every 30 minutes when ACC off) so I dont know if the tracker would accept the shortened line, try the full fix request, including the 030m, and see if it sends you sms messages with your location.

If you do not want the tracker to report to traccar when the ACC is off, you can send the command "less gprs123456 on" which shuts off gprs mode when ACC is off.

Hope this helps.