TK206 OBD II instructions

@baZzz, thank you so much for your setup guide, it really helped me through the initial setup.

My TK206 works, but.... I have 2 questions:

1. how do I setup GeoFence on the TK206 (not in TRACCAR) ?
  2. SSA#120#2# doesn't work for me... it sends back "Set speeding alarm OK!", but it doesn't send alarm when exceeding 120 km/h. And I did enter #710#MyMobileNo#, and it replyed "Add admin account 1 OK!".

/Thanks

dashmeet7 years ago

What do the directions in the pdf under "Set View Server". I'm specifically wondering about the part that says "1 is domain and 0 is ip"

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What exactly is the question?

baZzz7 years ago

@dashmeet: The manual gives this example for setting the server IP:
803#58.61.154.233#7018#
So, why it says:"1 is domain and 0 is IP", I don't know. It suggests that you can also use a domain instead of an IP for the server. Although I don't think this will work, you could try something like this:
803#serverdomain.example#7018#1#

Let us know if this works or not.

@gps_fjotte:

1. The manual doesn't mention the possibility of adding a geofence from the tracker itself.
  2. Try it again with a much lower speed. I've seen trackers that actually use m/s instead of km/h, so in that case you have to divide 120 by 3.6. Also, you have to driver faster than that for a few minutes probably, before it gets registered. So use something much lower, such as 20 km/h for instance. (Just for testing of course.)
dashmeet7 years ago

@baZzz I tried the command with the #1# at the end. It didn't work. Does anyone know of a way to program an IP instead of a domain?

@Anton Sorry I was asking about the meaning of the ”1 is domain and 0 is IP" and trying to figure out how to configure a domain instead of an IP.

baZzz7 years ago

@dashmeet: I assume you mean the opposite of what you just said. :-) Why would you want to use a domain instead of an IP? Have you installed Traccar on a shared hosting environment?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

It totally makes sense to use domain name. In this case if you change the server, you don't need to re-configure all the devices.

baZzz7 years ago

Yes, that's true indeed. If that was the reason why @dashmeet asked the question, I would recommend to use a "highly-available IP" as an alternative to using a domain name.

dashmeet7 years ago

Thanks, I was wondering how to use a domain, but I will be trying this later. For now I'm going with IP

koen017 years ago

Is it possible to upload the linked manual somewhere else?

I can't seem to open http://www.trackmylocation.in/pdf/4.pdf
I get a connection time out.

baZzz7 years ago
Smotics, lda7 years ago

Hi baZzz, what kind of data can you get from the odb2 interface on traccar? do you have fuel consumption, ignition, speed or error codes besides the gps coordinates?

Thank you

baZzz7 years ago

@Smotics I'm sorry, I no longer use this tracker, because it wasn't reliable enough for me. So I'm not sure what it supported exactly, but despite what the manual suggests, it wasn't a lot. Even if the tracker itself supports some data, it still depends on the car you use it in. It's really a hit or miss game. I'm using a much more expensive and advanced OBD tracker right now (from Teltonika), but even this tracker doesn't support everything. Well, that's probably not entirely correct, the Teltonika tracker supports a lot of (if not all) OBD protocols, but if the car manufacturer doesn't (fully) support the protocol or makes changes to it that they don't share with the rest of the world, then there's nothing that Teltonika can do about it. So you'll just have to test it I'm afraid. (B.t.w. speed and heading is calculated by the tracker, so that is always supported.)
I see you also asked about ignition; this was the main reason for me to move away from this tracker. I needed something that works in every car.

Przemyslaw4 years ago

Hello, it is possibile to have SMS notifications and GPS live location on Traccar server at The same time with that tracker? Or do I have to send SMS to device to change between SMS and GPRS?