Traccar Manager for Android opened as WebView and missinn assets

mojiwunefela3 years ago

Hello there, I compiled my own Traccar Manager for android for using Firebase.
I succesfully compiled the google flavor and I'm able to receive the push notifications but I noticed two strange things:

• I installed it in Android 6 and everything works. Then I installed it in Android 10 (Samusung S10 plus) and the app has opened in the web browser but if I install Traccar Manager from Play Store it has opened normally in the app.
    What I'm doing wrongly?

• I noticed that the one compiled by me has a very little size if compared with the officiale ones (almost 2MB vs almost 10MB), and I noticed that in my apk there isn't the assets directory. Is this normal?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago
  1. I don't really understand this point.
  2. This is normal. We are removing assets.
mojiwunefela3 years ago

@Anton thanks for the quick answer.

About my first question, my compiled version in a phone starts normally "in-app" and I can receive push notifications.

In the Samsung S10 plus with Android 10 my compiled version starts as in a browser webview, at the top I can also read my server web address and I can't receive push notifications. If instead I install the one from play store it starts normally in-app.

Any idea?

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Are you saying when you click on the app icon it opens a web browser instead of the app? You must be missing something.

mojiwunefela3 years ago

Yes, perfect, when I click the app icon it opens in a web browser (Chrome) instead of the app and never asks access credentials, this only happens in my brother phone with Android 10 that isn't with me so I can't debug more.

The same app works correctly with Android 6 and Android 9 (just tested).

Me too I'm thinking that I'm missing something but what could this be?