Traccar Manager for previous version

smsoousa7 years ago

Hello Anton.
I wonder if there is any way to get the current version of Traccar Manager back to a previous version? Or a previous style, since the one that is now 3.9 was not good for me, you can not see the data well, I wanted something simpler and cleaner than the previous version, is there such a possibility? Something clean I say is like the one in the web version.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I don't even know where to start. First of all, Traccar Manager has nothing to do with version of Traccar server. Where did 3.9 come from?

Also, new Traccar Manager is based on the web app, so "Something clean I say is like the one in the web version" doesn't make any sense to me. Can you please explain what you mean by that.

As for the question in the title, yes, you can get previous version. Android version can be downloaded from GitHub releases. iOS version has to be compiled from a tag.

smsoousa7 years ago

That's what I meant, pardon. The latest version of Traccar Manager is based on the web version, but its use was a bit poor, of course from my point of view. For a moment I almost thought it was a webview of the web application. Something "clean as the web version" referred to the simplicity of the application, something simpler to present to the end user. In the last version of Traccar Manager the data of the device that is in the lateral flap, does not appear all the information, the page eats part of the information, such as address, I can only see the beginning of the address. I'm going to test the previous versions of Traccar Manager and see how they behave. Idependende of everything thanks for the last web version, is much better compared to the old one.

Phil7 years ago

Hi Anton,

1. Is there no way that I can get the APK of the previous version and re-install it. I uninstalled mine by mistake and now when I try to install the latest one from Play it says my device is not compatible.

2. I am quiet new to Android/ Java, I've got C# dev background. I managed to download the Traccar Manager from Github and I was able to build and run successfully. Now I am trying to analyse the code. Layout I can see Server page and play around with labels and text fields. However I cant seem to find other pages such the Login Pop up, the page with Title "Traccar Manager" on the left with "Devices" Tab on the right. The reason I am not seeing this pages, is it because I'm looking at an old version or there's xml that I'm missing?

1. Yes, old APKs can be found in GitHub releases.

2. The app is based on the web app code, so actual code is here:

https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-web

Phil7 years ago

Hi Anton,

I don't quiet understand your number 2 answer.

Lets say I want to change the "DEVICES" wording to "My Family" wording on Traccar Manager. Which file should I change in order to update this?

Phil7 years ago

Hi Anton,

I downloaded the previous Traccar Manager source code version 1.7 to be precise using android studio. I ran the build it was successful, but it returned this Warining message "The android.dexOptions.incremental property is deprecated and it has no effect on the build process". The problem is when the app runs on my phone it does not display the map - the map panel is actually blank. However when I download the compiled APK it displays the map. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

For the map to work, you have to update the Google API key with your own one.

Phil7 years ago

Thanks