Traccar server position are updated but IOS Traccar manager stays on initial log

Luke6 years ago

Hello, I'm desperatly looking to find the issue why the position update is not working on IOS Traccar manager.
I have traccar server 3.15 installed and connecting via webinterface I get real time position update. Looking onto the IOS Traccar manager app I can only see the initial real time position when I logged in, all further real time data is not represented. I have to logout and login to see updated position in Traccar manager.
Any idea where to look?

Luke6 years ago

It may be linked to the mobile service provider, probably if there is no continous data flow they drop the connection.

Using the app via WIFI connection through VPN it is working fine and position update is shown.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

If you don't get live updates it probably means that WebSocket connection is not working. Some internet providers block it.

Luke6 years ago

Many thanks for your reply, I made some further testing and I came to the conclusion that it may related to refresh rate.
I used VPN tunnel to my server and instead of starting TM app I connected to webserver via Iphone’s Safari browser, by initiating a refresh the position is updated...no refresh means no update!
So if inside IOS TM app a refresh rate would be applied the websocket problem should not be an issue where the provider does not support it.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

There is actually a fall-back to refreshing location via regular HTTP connection. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. You probably need to check browser developer console if you want to investigate it further.