Traccar very fast SIM card consumption

Przemyslaw3 years ago

Hello, I don't know it's related to Traccar but from some time I have very fast SIM card consumption I used for my GPS device. In normal state I buy recharge for 5$ and it works for few months. Now I see my device is offline after few days and I must recharge again. It's possible that my Traccar configuration is responsible for that? I add some mysql security mods like: mod_security, mod_qos. Maybe that is reason of that fast consumption? Anyone have that issue? Or maybe I my SIM card provider is responsible for that and I need to change?
Regards,
Przemek

jay3 years ago

check your device documentation. timer or upload data time maybe to low, mine set for 40 seconds, monthly data usage is about 100mb,

kromhout3 years ago

I don't think is traccar related. Because trackar is just waiting until a message come in. Maybe the GSM antenna is down or your device antenna is dammage or 2g / 3g is disable and your device has a poor connection and need te reconnect. Also check your SIM provider if it change to pay for every 1kB to mininal 100kB per session.

Przemyslaw3 years ago

Thanks for that advices. I will search device documentation. I don't have antenna because it's OBS II device. Maybe it's my provider, I read about price increases but it seemed too much to me.
Regards.