Tracdog

grosbedos7 years ago

Hi,

I was using a dog tracker, i have buy the device, and a subscription witch i paid yearly. Proprietary android app, and i was thinking the same for the device.

And now, after a year, this french company is gone ...

I have do some research, the device is not french, but Chinese, and my device speak h02, thanks to your wiki ;)

I have install traccar server, it's working. I have install on my android phone traccar manager, it's working, i can see where is my dog !

Is it possible in the map shown by traccar manager, to see a point that represent me ? I know where is my dog on the map, cool, but i don't know where i am, i hope you can understand ? If you search your dog in the wood, you would like to see two points, one for the dog, one for you, and perhaps the distance between the two ;)

Or perhaps have you ear about a project like traccar but for pets ?

And last, how your users setup device ? Always tracking on gprs, with no sleep ? Is the an apk to automate this ? Or i always must send two or three sms ? (i know the command to pass by sms)

Best regard !

grosbedos7 years ago

Mmmh, when writing this post i having an idea..
If i install traccar client on my phone, i will see two points on the map, isn't it ? :D

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Yes, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Install Traccar Client on the same phone.

As for automation, Traccar can send SMS commands if you configure SMPP server. Also, we are thinking of implementing saved commands which means you won't need to type commands every time.

grosbedos7 years ago

Yes thanks for your quick answer, i have my two points lol
Sorry, but i don't have access to a SMPP :( I will send manually via my smartphone i think, i don't have another idea.

Is it possible to calculate the distance between two device with traccar ?

Thanks ;)

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

No, there is no such option at the moment.

grosbedos7 years ago

Okok, thanks a lot for your support,

And nice work for traccar, really easy to install and use ;)
I can do what i want, even with a dog lool

Have a nice day !