Tracker with Altitude / Dashcam Device

bhubert19782 years ago

Hi all,
my Traccar server is now running smoothly for about a month now. Pretty neat stuff - thanks for this great work Anton! :-)
Tho, I have two questions:

• I have a TK104 Tracker - this device obviously doesn't send the current altitude to the server, my car always is on 0m above sealevel - is there any device which sends the sealevel altitude? (my cell phone sends it?)
  • is there any dashcam which can be used as GPS tracker for Traccar? There is no need for any imaging capability over Traccar, just GPS but I do not really find any device thats protocol is compatible with Traccar?
    Thanks in advance, best regards
Anton Tananaev2 years ago

I don't have any specific device recommendations, but I'll provide some general comments:

• A lot of devices support altitude. It shouldn't be hard to find one that supports it.
  • Traccar actually does support camera. Not video, but static images.
bhubert19782 years ago

hi Anton,
thanks for your input - right now I have a TK-104 model and when I bought it - I certainly had an eye on that altitude thing. And officially (on their homepage) they state that it would work - but it doesn't. And I don't think, that I need to configure that service at all for functioning?

So I am a bit more into recommendations of users who already have a working device.

@dashcam: thanks for this information too - like I said the picture capability for Traccar it self is not really necessary :-)

thanks again, regards

Anton Tananaev2 years ago

You don't need to configure anything on the server side to receive altitude. Device side - maybe, but unlikely.

gmartineza year ago

Hi every one, one question, I see in the replies the Traccar does not support Videos but it was a year ago. I want to know if with the new update this has changed and its possible to have a camera in a car and watch videos in Traccar. Thanks.