Tracking device works to my home server but not Traccar

Bob Farish6 years ago

I've been having problems with my tracker not being seen on Traccar. Using my first sim card, it works, but not with a second sim.
But both the first and the second sim work fine to my home server. The tracker uses port 5023 and I'm using the IP of demo server 2 (though I've tried all of them)

Is is possible to look for data from device ID 352887077285454 in the logs please?

Cheers,
Bob

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Well, you haven't registered device on the server:

WARN: Unknown device - 352887077285454
Bob Farish6 years ago

Hi Anton,
I'm stuck now then as I believed I'd registered via my Android phone, but that 'WARN' message is obviously from the logs.

I've now put a different sim in the tracker and I still can't get to the server. I've read the troubleshooting guide, but need your help to know what I've missed in registering my device.

Bob

Please provide a screenshot of the registered device on the server, including device id.

Bob Farish6 years ago

No, it doesn't. Where is the id?

Bob Farish6 years ago

I think you are not using demo2 because this device still doesn't exist there.

Bob Farish6 years ago

Using the app an my Andorid phone, where have I registered?

Well, which server have you configured in the app? By default it uses demo1, not demo2.

Bob Farish6 years ago

Ah! I didn't realise it used demo1. I haven't configured anything in the app (where would I do that by the way?)
I've set the tracker to 40.122.161.243 port 5023 but no response.

It is hard to miss because first time you install and start the app - it asks you for the server. Which means that you did select the server. And that very page also has a notice on how to change it. Basically you need to clear app data from Android app manager.

Bob Farish6 years ago

Anton, you are clearly a magician!
I had seen the message on installing, but hadn't remembered it. I cleared the data from the app, and set it to demo2, and re-registered my device. After a pause it started working.

Just looking through all that you have done, I have to compliment you on the time and effort it must have taken, and still takes helping idiots like me.

Thank you, and how do I make a donation?

Bob

You can make a donation here:

https://www.traccar.org/donate/