Vehicle Tracking Device Recommendation

chinkst3r8 years ago

I'm looking for what the community has worked with and turns out to be a suitable device. I've found the TK106 to be the closest thing to what I am looking for in requirements, but was wondering if anyone knows where to find the differences between all the TK models.

Requirement
-Installing into an older vehicle without OBD2
-Has to have it's own battery that can be wired into the ACC to charge and sustain but will still operate if someone pulls the power
-Vehicle has alarm installed, so original alarm arm-input would be nice to wire in and arm the system
-position reading every 15 minutes when vehicle is not on and moving, reading every 30 seconds when vehicle is on and moving
-vehicle located in the United States, California so it has to work with the cell services here...

I'm primarily using this to track my vehicle in case it ever gets stolen.

Has anyone installed the tk106? or knows of an in depth write up on the installation process? The translated manual does not have all the information...

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Various Chinese GPS device manufacturers call their products TK***. I guess they think it helps with selling devices because of the popular name. The point is that two completely different devices can have the same model name.

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with actual hardware, so I can't recommend anything or comment on reliability of those TK devices.

jaimzj8 years ago

Other than your point
-Vehicle has alarm installed, so original alarm arm-input would be nice to wire in and arm the system

Rest all the features you are looking for you can have with the model GT06n