WARN: Unable to release Session - Data truncation: Data too long for column 'map' at row 1

Tracker8 months ago

Greetings everyone! Has anyone come across this WARN via log in traccar 5.8? I saw some information in other topics, but nothing related to this. The map column is actually NULL. Thanks in advance!

WARN: Unable to release Session Session@dcf7ebf{id=node01cqv3r18r5st81g8pny5qcerss417,x=node01cqv3r18r5st81g8pny5qcerss417.node0,req=0,res=true} - Data truncation: Data too long for column 'map' at row 1 - MysqlDataTruncation (...)
Anton Tananaev8 months ago

I think the error tells you that you're trying to put something too long in that column, so it fails.

Tracker8 months ago

Curious that I don't see any attribute to be inserted in that column, would there be any way for me to check via log? Thanks.

I don't think there's any way to check the values from logs.

Tracker8 months ago

Would Anton have any suggestions on how to resolve or further investigate this error? Thanks

Why do you want to investigate it? It seems like someone is trying to use a value that's too long. If you want longer value, just increase the column size.

Tracker8 months ago

In addition to disturbing the visualization of the logs, it is affecting the functioning of the application. I increased the column size but it did not solve.

it is affecting the functioning of the application

How?

Tracker8 months ago

The devices are not having a delay in communication, it would be as if the connection were closed to the point of being reset and that is how the devices are able to communicate

How is not having a delay is a problem? What makes you think it's related to this error?

Tracker8 months ago

Because as soon as the information stops appearing in the logs, the devices communicate immediately and when the error information reappears, the communication is interrupted.

Tracker8 months ago

Do you have any suggestions where I can look to resolve this issue?

Not really. I think you're just making some assumption without trying to investigate the root cause.

Tracker8 months ago

I'm looking via log if there is any other type of error being displayed and I didn't find it, I checked my configuration files default.xm and tracker.xml and they are correct too. I migrated the devices to another 5.8 server and got no error. I'm asking you for help where I can find the error, some specific search in a file for example, I didn't make any changes to the database or to the configuration files and the device communication problem started after this error appeared.

The error indicates that it's coming from the database. The first obvious thing to check is the actual query. You go to your database and see what queries are being sent.