ZX612 Mini chinese GPS

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Port 5055 is almost definitely a wrong one. It's only for Traccar Client. GPS trackers don't use it.

Sandesh Rahate6 years ago

Then which one should I use?

Gee Unicitee6 years ago

Sandesh,
The right port number is 5023. I found two main issues with ZX612. The first is that it takes time to fix GPS position. The second is that when it looses signal, it returns lat 0.00 and lon 0.00 instead of the last valid position.

So its unreliable

Gee Unicitee6 years ago

If I would suggest, take a TK102B.

Gee how do I see the log?

Tk102b is bit bigger

Klym Tatarnikov6 years ago

I received a protocol information from chinese guys. It can fill some grey areas which remained after reverse engineering.
But the main problem of this device - it resets the server address and port to defaults after loosing connection to manually programmed settings (for example I started the server on my PC and turned it off for 5 minutes)

Maros Holub6 years ago

Hi Klym. Ihave also this GPS traccer and I try to find protocol information for a long time. Pls, is it possile that you send it to my email? I will be very pleased.

Klym Tatarnikov6 years ago
Maros Holub6 years ago

Kym, you are Great!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much!!

Robert6 years ago

Hi Maros, do you have success with ZX612 and Traccar? Thanks in advance.

Maros Holub6 years ago

Hi Robert,
I own TOPIN D3 which has ZX302.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-D3-Micro-Super-Mini-GPS-Tracker-Real-time-Call-Voice-Monitoring-Web-App-Tracking-for/2968012_32814003692.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.21f924681OVl95

I think, it is preety much close to ZX612 (or the same?).
And, yes, it works with traccar (version 3.15).

For now, it is not possible to send command from traccar (f.e. PeriodicReporting (I dont mean via SMS)). For Tk103b it is possible. Maybe via custom command it is possible, but I have not try it yet.

But these tracker has strange behavior and limitations (it is not traccar problem):

• I can't change interval (for sending GPS data to my server via GPRS). It is set to 3 minutes. When I send SMS "TIME#15", it reply "TIME#15", but the interval is still 3 minutes.

• It is not possible to set GPRS to economic mode (less GPRS traffic). I mean, when there is no GPS position change for 10 minutes, GPRS disconnect and connect again when alarm being triggered or GPS position changes.
    For example: http://gpsrf.ru/download/usermanual_tk103b_eng.pdf
    point: 6.34 Less GPRS traffic

• sometimes it give me position 0,0

• sometimes it change sending data to default server (www.365gps.com).

Robert6 years ago

Hi Maros, thanks for sharing your experience!