Traccar will not install with latest version of java

viacom12348 years ago

Traccar will not install with the latest version of Java 8 v101. The error message says it requires 7 or later. I also followed the directions to install java as administrator.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Did you download offline installer version?

viacom12348 years ago

Yes. Its a bug in the traccar software. I had to install with an older version and then upgrade java after traccar was installed.

I don't think it's a bug. Check what version Traccar shown in the logs.

PhD8 years ago

Hmmm I have the exact same issue (W10/J8.101) and how do you want to check the logs if the application does not install?

There are no logs if application is not installed. You can try same trick (installing older version of Java).

viacom12347 years ago

This is still an issue in Traccar 3.7

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

This is not a Traccar issue, it's an issue with Oracle Java installation package. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it from Traccar side.

Ode da Vinci6 years ago

I have the same issue just now. Traccar 3.14 vs JRE 9.0.1.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It's a known issue and we are waiting for a new version of YAJSW to fix it.

Ode da Vinci6 years ago

Hi @Anton, thanks for the info. I just used the JRE 8 for the time being, which works.

AntonK6 years ago

If anyone comes across this topic when searching for the solution, note that Traccar Server is installed as a 64-bit application on a 64-bit Windows, so it requires 64-bit Java (as suggested at the help page).
In my case I had installed only 32-bit Java (8u161), which is enough for 32-bit browsers, and I was confused why the Traccar Server installer complained about missing Java with the error like: 'This application requires Java Runtime Environment version 7 or later. Please download and install the JRE and run this setup again. If you have Java installed and still get this error, you need to re-install it from offline installer (for more info see https://www.traccar.org/windows/).'
PS: I wonder is it possible to install Traccar Server as a 32-bit application on a 64-bit Windows, so I could get rid of 64-bit Java, which had been installed just for the Traccar Server.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I don't know why people would use any 32-bit software on modern hardware, but you can try. I believe it should work, but I've never tried.

flyingwasp6 years ago

I resolved this issue the same way as AntonK. During installation there is a check whether 'JavaSoft' is located under localmachine/software in the registry. I automatically got a 32 bit installation when I downloaded it. I had to then manually request the 64 bit version.

Anton Tananaev: great product!! thank you very much for offering this to the community.