Reverse Geocoding - areas without data

Niko Lync5 years ago

I have my own RG server, but I do not have data on it from all over the world - only from specific areas. If vehicles are moving within these areas, everything is working properly. If they go out of the area (where there is no reverse geocoding data) I get an error when try to get the address

Index: 0 - IndexOutOfBoundsException (... <GisgraphyGeocoder: 34 <JsonGeocoder: 53 <*: 103 <ServerResource: 56 <...)

If there is no reverse geocoding data in any part of the route, it is not possible to generate a Trips report ... Is it possible to set the server to ignore reverse geocoding if there is no valid data and simply leave address field empty instead of returning pop up window with the error?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

I'm not sure why you think it's not possible to generate trips report. It's incorrect statement.

Niko Lync5 years ago

In my case, the statement is the most true :) If the route (or part of the route) is in an area where there is no reverse geocoding data, the report does not display.

After selecting the Trips report and pressing the Show button, the "Invalid parameters or constraints violation" pop up window appears with the error Index: 0 - IndexOutOfBoundsException (... <GisgraphyGeocoder: 34 <JsonGeocoder: 53 <*: 103 <ReportUtils: 199 <.. .) and the report is not displayed.

( if the entire route is in the area where reverse geocoding data coverage is present, the reports will be generated correctly. )

When generating the Trips report, the reversegeocoding server is asked for addresses for the beginning and end of the trip - if there is no data from the given area, it displays a pop up window with an error and does not display the report. The question is whether there is any parameter that allows to ignore such areas in such a way that in the areas without data the server behaves as if the reversegeocoding was not used.

It probably means that geocoder returns invalid response.

Niko Lync5 years ago

That's right. RG server gives the invalid response because in some areas/countries it has no data for given coordinates. Is it possible to set the server to ignore invalid responses? For example In such a way that if Traccar server not receive a response or will receive a invalid one just left the address empty instead of ending generating the entire report with error.

No data is not the same as invalid response.

Niko Lync5 years ago

The response for coordinates located outside the area that I have downloaded looks as follows:

{"numFound":0,"QTime":11,"attributions":"http://www.gisgraphy.com/attributions.html","result":[]}

For me it looks like a standard Gisgraphy response that nothing was found for given coordinates.

If the response is correct, it means that there is a bug in the provider implementation on the Traccar side.