Problem with manual installation

Hi All,

Yesterday I tried to manual install traccar (server version 4.8) on my computer with Windows 7 32bit.
I unzipped the downloaded file to C:\Program Files\Traccar. Using CMD or Power Shell I moved to this destination and I start the installation used command from instruction "java -jar tracker-server.jar conf/traccar.xml". Finally, it looks like the installation doesn't start. Does someone know where I'm making a mistake?

I have an actual Java version. I didn't modify config file "traccar.xml" because I don't see a reason.
When I try installed an application dedicated for a 32bit system (4.0) everything was ok.
Someone will help me?

Michael4 years ago

I believe this command do not install traccar but starts 'portable' version of it.

Thank you, Michael, for your answer. I think that you have the right. I expect that when I start the above command I will see the new Traccar process in the system processes, but currently, there aren't new processes related to this application.

Ahmad4 years ago

It is clearly documented,

https://www.traccar.org/windows/

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

It doesn't install anything. If you want Traccar to run as a service, you have to configure service manually. For example, using SC.exe tool.

Thx Anton for your support. I used sc tool. In CMD I put code:

SC Create Traccar4.8 binPath= "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin\java.exe -jar C:\Traccar-4.8\tracker-server.jar --service C:\Traccar-4.8\conf\traccar.xml"

Service was created successfully and I can started in the services.msc but still the application don't work by the browser.
In my logs folder (Traccar\logs) I don't have a wrapper.conf file.
I don't have idea where is a problem.

1. You have to configure current directory for the service correctly.
  2. Check that the command works from command line.
  3. What wrapper logs are you talking about? You are not using wrapper.
  1. This is my folder destination - C:\Traccar-4.8, how you see above configuration is correct. Did you mean another configuration? If yes, where and how.
  2. I checked command "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_241\bin\java.exe -jar C:\Traccar-4.8\tracker-server.jar --service C:\Traccar-4.8\conf\traccar.xml" and works properly in command line. The command returns no error.

Can I install Traccar 4.8 on a 32-bit system? Perhaps this package is only for 64-bit systems, just like all rest installation packages that you have compiled for another systems.

We don't have Windows 32-bit installer, but you should be able to use it the way you are using it on any system that has Java.