Will It run on Siteground Linux Hosting Startup plan?

Anirban4 years ago

Hi, can anyone please confirm whether or not the Siteground Linux Hosting Startup plan is a good fit for Traccar?

jaimzj4 years ago

No.

You need a server or a virtual private server (VPS) at the very least to run Traccar.

Anirban4 years ago

Okay, so would Dreamhost's "VPS BASIC" plan do the job?

jaimzj4 years ago

If it's a VPS with root access and you are able to install an application on it, then maybe.

Vpsdime is a good option too if you would like to try, please find link below. It works well for traccar.

https://vpsdime.com/aff.php?aff=809

Anders Yuran4 years ago

I use Contabo vps in europe. 4 cores, 8 gb ram, 200 gb ssd disk. Webmin cp. Cpanel or plesk can be chosen for a fee. I pay 4.99 euro per month. Perfect for Traccar

Anirban4 years ago

Okay, thank you guys for your suggestions! I guess I will go with Contabo as VpsDime is redirecting me to some other site when I choose windows hosting.

jaimzj4 years ago

Vpsdime has a seperate portal for windows instances true.

However yes as Anders suggested, Contabo is a good provider too.

Anirban4 years ago

Guys, would winity be a good choice? For Windows hosting for traccar?

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

If you are trying to save money, Windows is not a good option. You would need twice as much resources there.

Anirban4 years ago

My developer is actually not sure how to set it up for Linux. He is comfortable only in the windows environment? Is there any tutorial you could suggest? Also, we need to rename "Traccar" as something else in the main webpage. So we changed some HTML files for that. We're not sure exactly how to make traccar work on a server

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

You can find Linux installation tutorial here:

https://www.traccar.org/install-digitalocean/

Anirban4 years ago

Thank you so much! I have used Vpsdime as the host. That video helped me install traccar and I used the remote desktop environment of vpsdime to make the necessary frontend changes.

Thanks a lot to everyone!