Remove password Queclink GL300

Glauco4 years ago

Hello, Does Someone have an example/suggestion (*.gl300m) on how to configure the GL300MA to maximize battery life and with some precision on stops? Mine works less than 2 days on the internal battery...
Thanks!!

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Has anyone had any luck with obtaining the password for the Gl300ma from lightning Gps.

I tried all the defaults but no luck.

Ryan Cee3 years ago

The Gl300ma was sold by brick house security and it appears they changed the default password

Fung3 years ago

That is why this post exists. It is about removing a changed non default password ...
If you need guidance look at this posts:
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/remove-password-queclink-gl300/#post-32840 ff
https://www.traccar.org/forums/topic/remove-password-queclink-gl300/page/2/#post-33345 ff
and following ones
If you have issues, try to read the full Thread.

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Thank you for the links. I reviewed the entire thread and have still not had any luck. I’ll provide you all the details and see what you think I could try.

• I have a gl300ma with a password that is not default.
  • I have the correct usb cable (hopefully haha)
    -I installed the usb drivers and heard the successful usb connection sound.
    -I downloaded the doc&tools and successfully connected to the gl300ma. It read the imei and everything appeared to be fine except for the response of password error.
    -I tired a few different default password and no luck.
  • I downloaded the firmware upgrade tool you recommended.
    -I tried to load the firmware that was recommended and several more recent versions of firmware with the firmware upgrade tool but the tool doesn’t appear to accept the file extension (.enc).
    -I tried several versions of firmware and they all appear to be the .enc extension.
    -I tried to load the .enc with the firmware tool. It gives me an error and indicated that it’s not the correct filetype.
  • I noticed that the version of development suit has an option to upgrade the firmware (tracker light stayed solid red while upgrading and software indicated it was successful) the password didn’t get reset. I was still stuck with the original non-default password.

-I tried to download some older versions of the e firmware and use the firmware upgrade program you recommended but I wasn’t able to get it to load the firmware on the tracker. I made sure the tracker was off To begin the firmware update. The firmware software recognized my usb cable.

• I tried both hitting the start button and then plugging in the tracker and the software just said waiting. It didn’t appear to be doing anything.
    -I also tried to plug in the tracker and to press start button. the software still said waiting and it didn’t appear to be working.

Do you happen to have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Michael L3 years ago

Hi Rayan, use the following Upgrade tool, you need to put "Upgrade FW and clear user data" on Option before click on start button as shown in this picture :
Upgarde Options

Queclink Upgrade Tool v 2.31

Queclink Firmware GL300 A06V08

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Thanks Michael,

I appreciate it. Unfortunately for me, while trying to update the firmware, my cable came loose and disconnected during the firmware update. Now it appears to be a brick. I’m not getting anything from the gl300. Normally when power was applied, I would see activity from the leds immediately.

I have another one on order so ill try again when I get it.

Thanks

Tracker20093 years ago

On most new GL300ma there is no way to reset the password... they must have changed the firmware and the upgrade tool won't work as in the past. ..The new config tool does have an upgrade tool for firmware build-in but won't let you delete or clear the existing data. Remember this all the new ones being sold recently as of Jan 2021

NewTracker3 years ago

have found some new files for the gl300n
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gkvrymt8k4hrz/GL300N_Develop_Suit_A13V24

for the gl300m, the firmware is updated in the manage tool (.enc file). also found no way to reset the password. who could crack the password please report.

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Ok thanks. That explains why it wasn’t working for me. I have another gl300ma on the way and this one should have a default password.

As for the password. I wonder if there is a hash value for the password somewhere that we can locate.

Tracker20093 years ago

Ryan they all wised up..I spoke with the company when I was in HK a few years ago and recently via email. A woman there is the head of international sales. Why they did this is simple..there are 4 big players out there and I assume you know who they are one of them uses 2 different names. What they are selling are units far below cost..to hope they keep you on their tracking rolls monthly so they don't want anyone buying them on eBay or Amazon. The cost of a GL300ma in China is 62$ per 1000 pieces fob and they are selling the track average for 20 killing the market! Service is only 14$ month BTW being here how is this platform for a business site?

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Thanks for the info.

I haven’t used this for business. I have only installed Traccar on Linux for some testing and have it up and running. My next step was to get a tracker installed.

Ryan Cee3 years ago

Good news with the new gl300ma that I received. It had the default password. I was able to get it configured and update the firmware. Thanks for all the help.

Tracker20093 years ago

Good for you...but the latest units do not come with default gl300m, the firmware upgrade tool won't clear the password like in previous models, check what firmware in yours and post it...

Fordsman3 years ago

Hi
Is there anyone who know where i can find sw for the GL310MG?