Anyway to find server / service not running (3.1)

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

Earlier I had 2.12 version, i never faced this issue for months (The server went on running) without errors.

However, 3.1 (Since last 24 hours, I had not checked the server nor the traccar service) and realised, traccar service had stopped. with following (error repeating in traccar log) please advice.

1. What or how to identify the problem that created this error and stopped traccar service.
  2. Is there a way to notify or display on front end/email etc that service has stopped.
2015-08-22 18:47:17  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:18  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:19  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:20  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:21  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:22  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
2015-08-22 18:47:23  WARN: netty warning: Failed to accept a connection.
jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

To add - I am using Gt06n on port 5023

I looked up github issues, and then investigated my log.

I realised, when I noticed the issue and (restarted traccar service.)

thousands of (connections were disconnected) however there are only 8 to 10 devices connected to the server.

-- I noticed you suggested <entry key='gt06.resetDelay'>60</entry>
in config file for this issue previously (for older version of server.)

Do you recommend using the same for 3.1 also in config file? Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Anton Tananaev9 years ago

Yes, you can set reset delay to fix the problem:

<entry key=’gt06.resetDelay’>60</entry>

The value is a connection idle time-out in seconds. I recommend to set it to slightly higher value than your device reporting frequency.

jaimzj9 years ago

Dear Anton,

Is there anyway, once the APP stops working, I can identify it?

Which app are you talking about? If server, then you can check log files (wrapper.log).

jaimzj9 years ago

Sorry for the missing informations.

1. The Traccar server. on ubuntu I have Installed it. (v 3.1)

In some cases on (Traccar status will show running) however as per the above error i listed in this thread, in same case. What happens is the server app remains running. however (Traccar is not reciving connections anymore or data)

In such a case, i believe it would be better to have a way to display the (Status of Tracar) on a web interface or any other medium. maybe you can add that as a feature in the future.

jaimzj9 years ago

Also Anton,

I am facing a unique issue.

If I do not set <entry key=’gt06.resetDelay’>60</entry>
then there is huge number of connections open and after few days, My server stops accepting connections.

If i set the above tag of resetDelay, what happens is, ( I have set 5 second update interfal of locations on all trakcers)

No changes done on tracker config in both scenario, however when I set to 60 seconds resetDealy the connection is disconnected way to often and also even the (Updates are accepted in batches).

Is that a right way?.

I don't think it's a unique issue. It happens quite often if you have a significant number of devices.

Connections are disconnected after specified timeout of inactivity. If you see too many disconnects, it means there is something wrong on the GPS side or GPRS connection is unstable.

Darrylles8 years ago

Nef,

I noticed that you have the GT06N.

Can you tell me what settings you used for it to connect to Traccar?
I connect my Android mobile no probs, but cannot connect the Tracker.

I find it strange that the advice is to try a range of port numbers, when, we specify the port# to report to via SMS anyway (I'd expect it to work through any specified port).

If I choose another port number - along with port forwarding, do I need to change the Traccar configuration web.port to use?

E.g. port, did you use the advised IMEO subset (with prefixed zero) etc..

Thanks,

Darrylle

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Port defined in "web.port" is used ONLY for web interface. It should be never used for any device.

Every port in Traccar is dedicated for a specific protocol. For your device I would recommend to try ports from the following page:

https://www.traccar.org/ports-for-tk-gt-and-other-gps-devices/

Darrylles8 years ago

Anton,

Yep, I've tried them all.

I'm wondering whether my tracker may be faulty or not.

I can send URL# via message and it does return the Google maps url to show it's location, so does that mean that GPS must be working ok on the unit itself?

Are there any other reasons that it wouldn't connect to your (or my ) server?

ATB,

Darrylle

jaimzj8 years ago

Try these three commands by sending each command below as a single SMS to the device and share its output, and It should' put us in a better position to help you figure out the problem

PARAM#

STATUS#

GPRSSET#

Also GT06N on traccar is Port 5023

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

You can also check out troubleshooting instructions here:

https://www.traccar.org/troubleshooting/